Guide to Going Green
Going green seems to be a common theme for most consumers as the world grows increasingly conscious of preserving the environment that we rely so heavily on. There are many simple, yet significant steps that we can all take to further diminish our own environmental footprint. Provided is a list of some of the most effective products available to ensure that you are minimizing your effect on the environment.
- Reusable Water Bottles: Probably the easiest thing that you could do is find a durable and stylish reusable water bottle. Certainly, at times it is easiest to grab a plastic bottle of water as you’re always on the go. However, by purchasing a reusable water bottle you can eliminate the waste of thousands of plastic bottles while saving yourself a small fortune in the process.
- Reusable Shopping Bags: Start taking reusable bags to the grocery store! Many cities are beginning to charge for the use of plastic bags or banning their use all together. Purchase a few reusable bags for your groceries next time. This small investment will significantly reduce the amount of paper and plastic wasted away into landfills. In addition, these bags can be used for a multitude of purposes such as beach trips, a lunch box and so on.
- Solar Fans: Beat the heat by using a solar powered fan. When the sun is beating down on you, it is also releasing potential energy. Capture it all with your portable solar fan to keep cool while protecting the environment in the process.
- Reusable Coffee Cups: When you hit the road in the morning, don’t forget the cup of coffee that you crave! Leave the mess behind and use a reusable coffee carrier. Even if you get a cup of coffee at your local coffee shop every morning, ask them to fill your environmentally friendly cup instead of using a single-use cup that will end up in a landfill tomorrow.
- Reusable Food Pouches: If you pack your lunch everyday, the amount of single-use plastic bags that you go through is likely exorbitant. Solve this problem by using reusable and easily washable food pouches. Just a few will do the trick and it will save you money in the long run. These pouches come in all sizes and will satisfy any and all of your food transportation needs.
- Solar Powered Grills: Pass on propane and go green! Solar powered grills are a great way to go fuel-free and complete all of your grilling desires the same as any gas grill would. Solar powered grills come in a variety of sizes and can be easily transported to cookouts and campouts alike.
- Eco Friendly Phone & Laptop Cases: Protect the environment and your mobile device by utilizing an eco friendly phone or laptop protector. These cases are as sturdy as any other cases on the market and promote sustainability at every use. Be sure to find the perfect case that fits your needs as the product selection is limitless.
- Paper & Metal Straws: Whether you’re shopping for a restaurant or yourself, biodegradable straws are the way of the future. These straws are equally effective as plastic straws but can be easily recycled and eliminated, unlike plastic straws. Additionally, metal straws are a great personal item as they are convenient and can be easily cleaned and reused. These alternatives to plastic straws promote sustainability as well as provide the opportunity for cost saving.
- Dish Towels & Shammies: Make paper towels a thing of the past and start using reusable dish towels and shammies. These items are a great way to reduce the amount of waste that goes into landfills. Additionally, shammies have superior drying speeds and can be quickly reused while promoting household and company-wide cost-reduction.
- Solar Powered Phone Chargers: Save on your next electric bill by using a solar powered phone charger! The sun is free to your disposal and so is the energy that it produces. Make an environmentally conscious decision and start using a solar phone charger. These chargers require no power source and can be made portable to fulfill your every convenience.
This list of environmentally friendly products is a great guide for creating a greener future for generations to come. As most all of these products listed are reasonable replacements for everyday items, maybe consider making a calculated change for the future as they render significant cost-savings after the initial investment is made. If we all do our part, we can work towards minimizing our own personal and company-wide environmental impact, consider making this critical change!