Public Transportation Survival Guide
Navigating a metropolitan transportation system is no easy feat. There are many different aspects of using public transportation that one can easily forget to take into account. Public transit is hot, it’s dirty and it’s time-consuming. Luckily, we are experts in navigating the public transit scene and we are here to ensure that your next trip using public transit is as enjoyable as possible. Provided is a list of essential items that you MUST take with you the next time you utilize public transportation.
- Hand Sanitizer—Public transportation may be cheap, it may be easily accessible and sometimes it can even be convenient (I said sometimes), but one thing that it certainly has never been coined as is clean. Keeping hand sanitizer readily available will keep your hands clean and your mind free from the worry of the millions of germs that you just came into contact with on the less than sanitary handrail that you were clinging to for the past 20 minutes.
- Umbrella—If you’re like me and you just can’t seem to remember to check the daily forecast, avoid taking you’re second shower of the day by packing an umbrella. Packing an umbrella will save you countless bad hair days as you walk to and from your public transit stop.
- Mobile charging device—A necessity of public transit is your mobile device. It is a great way to catch up with the world while you make your way around the city. However, you can’t use your device if it runs out of battery! Ensure that you have access to your technology by packing this travel necessity.
- Lanyard—Ensure that you keep track of your transportation pass by keeping it safe on a lanyard. The last thing you want to do is lose your expensive weekly or monthly pass. Give yourself the peace of mind of knowing where your pass is at all times by keeping it on a tight leash.
- Water bottle—Whether your travel around town is five minutes or an hour and five minutes, it is a good idea to keep a water bottle on hand. Nothing is worse than trying to find a drinking fountain to quench your thirst only to stumble upon a germ infested drinking fountain sputtering out warm water. Avoid the hassle by brining your own water bottle.
- Backpack—Now, with all of these travel necessities in hand you’ll surly need something to haul them around in. This is why you’ll need a backpack of quality. A comfortable backpack to hold all of your urban essentials will be a game changer in your daily routine. Rather than fumbling around with all of these essential travel items, keep them all in one easily accessible and safe place to keep your hands free while you begin your voyage through the city.
The next time you take-on public transportation, be prepared. You’ll look and feel like a pro on your next trip around town with this survival pack. Pack your transportation survival kit today and avoid the headaches!